Friday 31 July 2015

Three Day Refresh: (CLEANSE/DETOX) Review

HAI HAI HAIIIIIII. 

So I just finished up this body detox/cleanse called the 3 Day Refresh and I thought in true MWM fashion it would be only fitting for me to recap my experience for you! 

3 DAY   REFRESH: WHAT IS IT?

Like any other detox, but on overdrive, the Refresh is meant for a quick cleanse of your body! Ideal for just coming back from a sugary packed vacation or for getting out out of strange health journey ruts, the refresh will help to kickstart your fitness journey (or reboot it) by providing you with max energy, getting rid of bloat and detoxing your body from all the junk you've been putting into it. More often than not this WILL result in a little bit of weight or inch loss, but everyone is different! 

 CAN YOU EAT DURING THE 3 DAY REFRESH?

 Yes! Unlike other cleanses the refresh allows you to eat apiece of fruit for breakfast and lunch. You are also allowed veggies for lunch, snack and dinner, and healthy fats for two of those meals! This is NOT a lot of food, I know! The rest of your nutrients, vitamins and protein will be delivered through a daily dose of Shakeology, a daily finer sweep, and two vanilla fresh shakes (all of these supplements will be provided to you in your package). 

 MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

 DAY 1 DISCOVERIES 
 1. This isn't as bad as I thought.
 2. I do NOT eat enough vegetables.
 3. I do NOT drink enough water! 

 DAY 2 DISCOVERIES: 
 1. I can't believe how much energy I have.
 2. I'm getting pretty hungry. Can't WAIT for my next shake.
 3. Last night I had a really good sleep. 

 DAY 3 DISCOVERIES: 
1. I FEEL AMAZINGLY ENERGIZED 
2. I forgot what it was like to feel so lean!
 3. I am noticing my hunger a lot, I'm excited for this to be over!

 THREE DAY REFRESH PROS

 Lucky for me, I actually had a very pleasant experience with the 3 Day Refresh! I had never felt more lean and energized. I wasn't COMPLETELY hungry the whole time. I learned to love love love the taste of vegetables (AGAIN) and consuming a minimum of three servings a day is now becoming a habit on my second day post refresh. Every night I got a really really good sleep and woke up with energy at 7am. I wasn't relying on food or constantly thinking about my next meal which I really liked. Another thing that I liked about it was the actual supplements. I know some detoxes call for weird kayan pepper lemon concoctions but I actually ENJOYED the Vanilla Fresh shakes and didn't MIND the fiber sweep (drink it quick - it thickens instantly!) 

 WILL YOU POOP ON THE REFRESH? 

 Hehe. Poo. While some people face serious constipation on this cleanse, every case is different. For me in particular, I was constipated the first day but had the best shits of my life on day 2 and 3. I'm so glad I let you guys in on that secret. Literally, so liberating. A definite pro! 

DID YOU LOSE WEIGHT?

I ended up losing 4.6 pounds on the Refresh, and honestly these pictures don't do it justice (I wish I had done better ones! My clothes fit a lot better and I'm convinced I lost as least 3 inches as well!



 THREE DAY REFRESH CONS 

 I don't have a lot to say in regards to cons, however I will let you in on some of my struggles. 

 1. I was hungry pretty much every day. The hunger wasn't overwhelming, but it was definitely there. Especially at night! If you are planning on spending the money on this, PLEASE please try to stick to your guns. I got hungry every night around 8:30 and went to bed within the hour to ensure I didn't derail my progress, so you will have to set an earlier bed time! 

 2. I injured my back on the first day of the refresh and I didn't work out for the three days, which is recommended. This wasn't an issue for me as I was in pain and home all day anyways. HOWEVER. If you are in a fast paced job I don't know if I would recommend doing this on busy days. Try to set aside three days where you know you won't be busy (perhaps on a weekend when you are off work)? The reason I suggest this is because I have a feeling one of the reasons I wasn't HANGRY was because I didn't have much to do on my three days! I mostly just did house work and puttered around.  

3. The lean feeling is addictive. I've never felt more lean and in control! And I obviously love that feeling - who doesn't! Bloat is so uncomfortable, but I don't think its completely realistic to have your "refresh body" at all times! So try not to get too attached to that feeling! It's kind of like how Bikini competitors sometimes get so immersed in that world of being lean and shredded right before their stage shows, when in reality its not realistic and actually unhealthy to keep that figure for too long! So try not to be hard on yourself if on day 4 when you start introducing other food, you don't feel as ripped as you did on day 3! On the other hand, yes you will be hungry, but one thing I struggled with was DREAMING about food! At least once during each day I envisioned when it would be over so that I could go to Wendys and CHOW DOWN! I wouldn't want to undo all my progress so thankfully, that hasn't happened yet! 

 *** 

 All in all I rate the Refresh two HUGE thumbs up. Even though I had concerns during it, most of them were mind over matter. I have yet to binge on anything completely detrimental to my progress, because in those three days I had to learn to control my "boredom eating." The pros far outweigh the cons! 

 WILL I DO THE REFRESH AGAIN? 

 Absolutely! To keep my body in tip top condition (inside) I am considering doing it 3 or 4 times a year. It's inexpensive compared to other detoxes and for only three days its a good investment and not hard to follow! I would definitely recommend this for anyone who wants to get out of a little weight loss rut, anyone who wants to just clean up their system or anyone who wants to begin to reverse bad habits. It will NOT be the be all end all for your fitness journey. It is not a miracle working fast acting magic pill. But it definitely is a great kickstart, and a great "refresh!" 

 I JUST WANT TO BUY IT NOW!!! WHERE CAN I GET IT! 

 PLEASE PLEASE talk to me first! But I know as good as anyone else the impulse to just try something. So if that feeling takes over, select the 3 Day Refresh on this page -  you can purchase the refresh HERE

 Be sure to reach out to me when you do :) 

 Check out this video I made recapping the refresh!




 xo Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment