Sunday 28 June 2015

Shake it Up With Shakeology

Before you think anything, YES I am a Team BeachBody Coach. And yes, you might think it'll be a good thing for me to "sell" you a product directly from TBB. However, I can completely assure you that this is an honest review of a product that you will legitimately feel better with. I was a skeptic once too!



So, Shakeology is basically your morning/pre workout/post workout/WHATEVER YOU WANT shake to ensure your results for fitness programs and your fitness for lyyffeee yo! It is SO much more than a protein shake. A meal replacement, your daily vitamins/supplement fix, 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies. All in one shake, with an awesome taste. 

Is it a scam?



ABSOLUTELY FRIGGIN NOT.



Honestly, when I was doing Insanity I kept seeing commercials for Shakeology at the end of each work out, about how its an integral part to your progress and results. But I didn't want to spend the money on it, and I thought it was just any other protein shake. But it's not. Shakeology is your daily serving of dense nutrition/vitamins. Heck, it's even called SUPER FOOD. This might turn you off. Are you a natural-path? Vegan? Gluten Free? Not an issue. Shakeology is the most natural thing in my diet, in fact the only real  reason why it doesn't have the organic stamp on it is because that will raise the price for US customers. Its your fruits, veggies, proteins, good carbs, vitamins... ALL IN ONE SHAKE. And, it's a meal replacement. It weighs out to being about 4 dollars a day for the month. And, if you're a uni student like me, even though we say we're broke as jokes, I know we spend this much on Starbucks, or for a bagel and coffee at Timmies (for all my Canadian homies!) or 10x more at the bar on Saturday night! Dude, we've all been there.



Once I started the 21 Day fix, I decided I'd do the work out program how it's intended to be, which is with a daily dose of Shakeology, so I bought the challenge pack. (Challenge pack is basically a workout program of your choice with a month supply of Shakeology for a dirty discount. You end up saving up to 60 dollars sometimes when you buy them both as opposed to separately. And sometimes, the CP's are on promotion! If there's one thing that a broke student loves, it's dirty deals!).



After a week of drinking Shakeology I lost 6 pounds. No joke. Just Shakeology for breakfast. The thing is, if you are on the fence about trying it, and already like working out, sometimes its that "make or break" that will help you lose the last 10 pounds. Sometimes it's the kick start you need. And, if it's not for your body, do it for your overall health! There is not a bad thing that you can say about this product. Since drinking it, my energy has been up tremendously. I have stopped taking afternoon naps so much, and it honestly sounds dumb, but I feel like it has put me in a better mood overall. Once you feed your body the right things, you'd be surprised and delighted with how much it can do and how great you can feel. Not only that, but Shakeology curbs cravings! I have a serious sweet tooth, and it doesnt help that I work part time in a bakery. 



So lets recap real quick! I feel like I am getting a bit wordy, and want to give you the facts from a personal standpoint of what Shakeology has done for me and my family members who drink it:



- It  CURBS my appetite/sweet tooth. It's like having a cheat meal everyday!
- It aids in digestion and regularity.
- It helps with my MOOD (I'll go into that further)
- I sincerely do not get hungry for snacking until it’s time for my second meal! 
- It got rid of my CHRONIC BLOAT! (I gain almost all of my weight in my core! Dear fat, PREPARE TO DIE.)

Fun fact: I actually stopped drinking Shakeology for two weeks because my order got all messed up. And that week, I kid you not, I had five cheat meals. I was so disciplined, and the cravings crept up. I also found myself becoming increasingly; I skipped workouts with more ease, and, with deepest regret to my family, for some reason I was a TOTAL BITCH for those two weeks! I was moody and anxious and it wasn't until two weeks of not having it and noticed my mood change, that I became an AVID Shakeology supporter. But really, I could spill out three hundred blogs on how awesome Shakeology is, and until you try it I'll never be able to fully convince you. So I'm asking you to take a leap of faith. Give it a shot, and if you really hate it, or feel like it's not helping you, there is a bottom of the bag money back guarantee, and at least you will have tried it out! 



I know some people can be put off by the price. But are you ready to make a change? Start to view your fitness as an INVESTMENT. Invest in that body. Invest in your health! Give up your bagel and coffee at Tims, or latte at Starbucks and invest in the four dollars a day for the healthiest meal you'll ever eat...or...drink :P. 



Let me go into little more detail for a minute....If you are one of my potential clients, and I have recommended a challenge pack to you but you are still not convince, I need to quote MYSELF for a second. Here is what I wrote in a blog about the 21 Day Fix being on sale...






You have probably noticed if we have talked that I ALWAYS recommend buying the CHALLENGE pack, which is the package that comes with 30 days of Shakeology, as opposed to the fix on it's own. You probably WILL see results without the challenge pack but let me explain something about Shakeology- the only 100% natural and effective supplement I take. If you've ever looked at a person with a body that you just want SO badly, someone who is defined and toned and trim - they are PROBABLY taking a supplement of some kind. Don't be naive, and don't be turned off by the idea of supplements. Shakeology - your daily dose of dense superfood nutrition. Vitamins, minerals, probiotics, antioxidants, meal replacement. Tip NUMBER ONE: The better your nutrition, the better your body burns stored fat. Shakeology will tenfold better your nutrition. It's clinically proven and doctor recommended.

"BUT IT'S SO EXPENSIVE!"


Yes. It is expensive. And rightly so. There are over 90 ACTIVE ingredients in Shakeology. It is so natural in fact that the shelf life is only about 90 days. So it does go bad, faster than other supplements will (I work in a grocery store, a lot of supplements have a long shelf life, which is kinda scary - PRESERVATIVES YO!) It goes bad within about three months because there are REAL superfoods in it. It is ALWAYS in powder format, it is not in pre packaged shake form (like slim fast or anything like that) because as SOON as you mix it with liquid, the ingredients become active and stay that way for only about a half an hour. GET IT IN YA! The shake goesBAD. For all my whole food lovers - shakeology is NOT something that you need to be 100% against just because its a powder meal replacement. 

Additionally, there are a lot of arguments made against Shakeology to promote more inexpensive protein powders like Body By Vi or Garden of Life. In actuality, Shakeology can't be compared to these. It has more calories than Body By Vi because more calories are needed to replace a MEAL. You NEED TO EAT to lose weight. You do. It has more SUGAR than Body By Vi. Where Shakeology contains 6 grams of sugar, BBV contains only 1. But wait. Shakeology sugar is natural from the fruits that are in it. The one gram of sugar in BBV is Sucralose, for your tasty enjoyment. An artificial chemical sweetener. Raw Meal (Garden of Life) contains 26 grams of sugar. No thanks.
Shakeology is more expensive than all of your other protein powders because it's NOT just a protein powder. Shakeology is more expensive than other protein powders because it has more holistic benefits, and it OFFERS more! (I.e. regularity, increased energy, craving curb, improved heart health, improved digestion, vitamins for hair, nails and teeth, the list goes on). Yes it is expensive. No wonder. It is also money WELL spent. I would rather spent 4 dollars a day on Shakeology than 8 dollars a day on Wendys. Guaranteed you have spent more than four dollars on a meal before. Don't get confused by buying something in bulk. Break it down for yourself. If you were to buy every ingredient in it separately and have a daily dose of it for a month, you would be spending well over 700 dollars.






No comments:

Post a Comment